Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Magnificent Mixer!

Oh check her out. Have you ever seen anything more lovely? Ok, ok, maybe that's a bit of an overstatment, but I must tell you how excited I am to be the proud Mama of a Kitchenaid Mixer!

I've always had a thing for the avacado green of retro kitchen appliances, and while they no longer sell fridges in that colour (believe me, I checked last fall when my Dad needed to replace his), they are now selling this puppy in "green apple" which is pretty close.

I've always wanted a mixer, they are so professional looking - I always considered them the tool of a real baker. (Although to be completely honest - since purchasing my mixer I have been shocked at the number of non-bakers who all have mixers...so perhaps my criteria was a little off). For me, I could never justify the cost of one; however, I've blown the motor out of a fair number of hand mixers this year, and in my cake decorating class the instructor told me that the icing used to make flowers and such is just too stiff for a little old hand mixer to handle on its own. So, standing mixer it is! Also, it seems like standing mixers are becoming the more frequent character in new recipes I am trying, so I decided to bite the bullet.

But that doesn't mean I have to lose my sense of style! There were eighteen colours available through JC Penney, which has them on sale right now and free shipping in the US until Father's Day (my Canadian hometown is a border city, and I've got connections that let me ship to their place across the river in the US)...how could I resist? I'm hoping that she'll be in my arms by next week, but I guess there is always the chance for delay. ::Sigh:: So it's back to the hand mixer for at least one more week -- because it's Cupcake Thursday tomorrow!

No comments: