Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Apologetically Yours,

Blagh.

What a couple of months. At the end of August I left my job at the financial institution and enrolled myself in a nursing program. I am super scared, it means another five years of school to get the qualifications I want, but it is so worth it. We are only two months into VERY BUSY classes and already I am exhausted...and exhilirated! It has been such a great change from working - I feel like a sponge for all of this knowledge, and I can't get enough. I know, I know, it is a complete 180 degree turn from Art History and English Lit, but I don't care!

I'm happy!

The only smudges on the landscape are te fact that my recent school overload, as well as my participation in a community theatre play (which, actually, opens this week) has meant two things. First and foremost, I haven't seen the girls from work. I think it's because I feel so guilty going to see them and not bringing cupcakes. Which brings me to my second failing: the death of my cupcake challenge. I don't know how it happened, I thought I could do it all. But I can't. And unfortunately my exciting challenge seems to have fallen by the wayside. However, once this show is over (in two weeks time) I'm hoping that I'll be able to start at it again.

Because I miss it! And I miss my friends from work, and owe them one humdinger of a cupcake to show my adoration for them has not faded (as I am sure it appears).

So that's the update. Wish me luck this week and see you (promise, promise) in two weeks!

Maria